RetroDev

Full Version: e on Charles every time out, Helfrich said. Thats a guy that m
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A sublime 243-ball 130 from Alastair Cook - his 30th Test ton - helped England claim a moral victory by drawing the first Test against India in Rajkot on Sunday. Cheap Air Max 90 All White .Cook managed just 21 in the first innings but he made amends in the second innings as England looked to stretch their 49-run lead quickly. The left-hander joined forces with debutant, Haseeb Hameed, who had outpaced him on the fourth day.The duo added a 180-run opening stand that saw the visitors stretch their lead to 229 before Hameed finally departed after amassing a classy 82 from 177 balls, which is the highest score for an England teenager. The partnership is the second-most by any opening pair in their teams second innings of a Test in India.Indias spinners and R Ashwin in particular stifled Englands attacking intentions by extracting extra turn from an aging Rajkot surface. Ashwin conceded just 31 runs in 13.3 overs that he bowled. He succeeded in prolonging Englands decision to declare as they pushed to stretch their lead to the 300-run mark.Joe Root was the second England batsman to fall, before Ashwin claimed Cook in the 74th over. England, at that stage, had stretched the lead to 309. Cook had hit 13 fours in his ton, which is his fifth Test hundred in India, the most by a visiting batsman. He went past Everton Weekes, Clive Lloyd and Hashim Amla who made four centuries each in the country. He also bettered Jacques Kallis eight centuries to register most hundreds by a visiting batsman in Asia. In the process he also became the fourth overseas player to score 1000 runs in India.Indias batsmen had 49 overs on the final day to negotiate and they struggled from the onset after losing opener Gautam Gambhir for a duck in the second over. First-innings centurions, Murali Vijay and Cheteshwar Pujara, added 47 runs for the second wicket but they too failed to finish the job. India lost the duo six-overs apart and Ajinkya Rahane soon after. It took a 47-run stand between Ashwin and Virat Kohli to bail their side out of trouble. Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja eventually negotiated the final ten overs that completed the draw.Really tough five days, good toss to win. In India if you score 530, youre always in the game. Good cricket wicket, Cook said. Relentless with the ball, we didnt let India score too quickly. To keep them to 480, we did well. The way Has (Hameed) played was brilliant. Wanted to make them score something they couldnt get. Flat for the first three days, and then turned more and more. He (Hameed) looked the real deal in the first innings, we certainly found a batsman there, he certainly looks a good un. Adil stepped up another level. Cheap Air Max 90 Online . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Cheap Air Max 90 Running Shoes . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. http://www.cheapairmax90fromchina.com/ . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. EUGENE, Ore. -- Coach Mark Helfrich certainly wasnt concerned about Charles Nelsons missteps in Oregons opener, joking that hed bet his mortgage on the receiver and special teams standout.Nelson had 288 all-purpose yards for the No. 24 Ducks in the season opener as he transitions back from the defense to the offense. He chalked up a pair of fumbles to first-game jitters.For me, and for everybody in here, the coaches just talk about playing the next play, thats what I try to do: Just brush it off and play the next play, he said.Nelson certainly has plenty more plays to focus on this season, starting Saturday night when Oregon (1-0) hosts Virginia (0-1).Of his overall yards in the 53-28 victory over UC Davis last weekend, 251 came on returns. Nelson averaged 38.3 yards on kickoff returns and 24.5 yards on punt returns.His 153 total yards on kickoff returns pushed him past Kenjon Barner into fifth on Oregons career list with 1,447.Nelson also successfully rushed for two of Oregons four two-point conversion attempts after touchdowns against the Aggies.The rest of the Ducks agreed that the bookended fumbles on his first and final return attempts were uncharacteristic.I would bet my mortgage and all I have on Charles every time out, Helfrich said. Thats a guy that makes a million plays for us. He didnt make one and then he made several and then he tried to maybe make more out of what was there and turned it over.Quarterback Dakota Prukop weighed in: It was surprising because thats not something you expect out of Charles. If its going to happen, let it happen in the first game. I dont foresee that being an issue at all the rest of the season.Nelson has alwayss been a versatile and intriguing player. Cheap Air Max 90 All Black. As a freshman from Daytona Beach, Florida, he turned heads in his first college game with a 50-yard punt return for a touchdown against North Dakota in 2014. He developed as the season progressed, and had seven catches for 104 yards in the Pac-12 championship game against Arizona. Oregon went on to play in the first College Football Playoff title game that season.Last season he started at receiver, but made his debut at safety in a 45-38 double-overtime loss to Washington State on Oct. 10. He finished with a team-high 12 tackles against the Cougars while also playing at receiver and on special teams. Injuries necessitated the move.He moved back to wide receiver this year, explaining that he was happy to be able to focus on only one job.It was a mutual decision between the coaches and I, he said at the time. I told them I wanted to play receiver but if the time comes, I could always go back over there.In the opener, he fumbled his first punt return of the game to give UC Davis the ball on the Oregon 33. The Aggies went on to score. His second fumble came on a kickoff return in the third quarter. It, too, gave the Aggies the ball.I had the first-game jitters. I just took my eye off the ball for a second and fumbled it, he said. Second time, I just tried to make extra yards. I should have run out of bounds. I had the ball in the wrong hand, and the other guy made a great play. Ill be looking to correct that next week.For emphasis he added: Im already looking forward to that. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '